There are different types of attorney’s fees available for different types of cases.
Contingency (Don’t have money? Prefer not to pay a lawyer up front?):
If your case is injury-related or civil in nature (as opposed to criminal or family-related), we may be able to take your case on contingency.
While contingency fees are not free, they require no money up front.
If the Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC takes your case on contingency, you will not be charged any legal fees up front. If you lose the case, you will not need to pay any attorney's fees.
The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC's contingency fees start at one third of any recovery, plus costs! Generally, in car accident cases, if the case settles before filing suit, the fee is thirty-three and one third percent of any recovery, plus costs (33 1/3% before the costs are deducted); if suit is filed or if the case goes all the way to trial, the fee increases.
The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC is willing to do a mix of a flat fees and a contingency fees to lower these percentages. These fees are subject to a legal services agreement.
As always, no result is ever guaranteed.
The Law Office of Gregory Wilder in Provo, Utah (also serving Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas) may be able to offer you a flat fee divorce for as low as $2,000.00, depending on the facts. Call for details.
Whether you are looking for a divorce, seeking to modify custody, or seeking to adopt a child, our hourly rate of $225 per hour is quite reasonable.
Our hourly rate of $225 per hour is competitive for defending all of your criminal defense needs.
If we are unable to take your case on a contingency basis (call to find out), we offer to send out a demand letter and follow up with up to one-hour of phone calls for a flat fee of $600.00. If this does not work, our hourly rate of $225 per hour will then apply.
We offer flat fees for many types of legal matters. Call to find out if we can help you on a flat fee. Please note that the following fees are not offers, but just a list of typical fees, are subject to the terms of a legal services agreement, and are typically non-refundable.
Divorces or Family Law:
- We may be able to offer you a flat fee for your family law matters. Uncontested divorces cost $2,000.00. Call and share with us the details so we can give you a flat fee.
Will Preparation & Estate Administration:
- $350 - Custom Will (includes Will signing ceremony).
- $1,800 - Living Trust with Pour Over Will (you are responsible for costs).
- $4,000, or 5% in, 5% out in some cases - Independent Administration (you are responsible for costs).
- $2,500 - Probated Will with Muniment of Title (you are responsible for costs). Your case must qualify.
- $1,275 - Probate by Small Estate Affidavit (you are responsible for costs). Your case must qualify.
- $4,500-$10,000 - Heirship Proceedings (more if your case is extremely complex; you are responsible for costs).
- $750 - Business Formation
- $3,750 - Business Collections (you are responsible for costs). Collection a debt owed to you by a business, not a consumer. If you don't want to pay money up front, we may be able to work on a contingency agreement.
- $600 - Demand (one letter to one party, no suit or trial work). A demand letter from an attorney is much more credible and persuasive than from others. If you want the Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC to only send a demand letter, the fee is significantly reduced. If you later decide to sue, the Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC will discount the total representation fee by $250.
- $45/page - Contract Review (minimum charge of 3 pages, 12 pt. font, 8.5"x11").
- This includes an initial consultation, discussing the contract, a thorough review of the proposed contract, and a discussion with you after having read the contract. We will give you some brief insights on issues the contract does and does not address, typo errors, legal defects of the contract, legal risks in the contract, and an attorney's opinion of the contract.
- $1,250-$4,500 - Contract Drafting and Negotiation (more if your contract is extremely complex; you are responsible for any costs). Simple contracts are on the lower end. Examples of simple contracts include distribution agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, simple joint venture agreements, partnership agreements, sales agreements, nondisclosure agreements, online e-commerce forms (like disclaimers, privacy policies, terms of service, etc.), simple security interest agreements, etc. An Example of a relatively normal complex drafting and negotiation is a small business buy/sell agreement.
- We are willing to negotiate mixed billing arrangements, where you pay a flat fee in addition to a contingency fee, or a reduced hourly rate with a flat fee, and a cap on fees. We are also, on occasion, willing to work with you on a payment plan. We are willing to be creative to be able to work with you!
- Your initial consultation with us will be free, unless you contact us through a Lawyer Referral or Modest Means Service (for which we charge $25 for the initial 30 minute consultation).
- In all of our agreements you are typically responsible for costs. Costs typically include things like court filing fees, court reporter fees, expert witness fees, copy fees, postage, personal investigators, travel-related expenses, and any fees or costs assessed against you by the court. We may advance you costs, at our sole discretion.
The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC will give good efforts to keep your costs low. If you are concerned about costs, we can try to estimate what they will be before-hand, and work with you to find ways to lower the costs. However, if your case needs an expert witness or depositions, the costs still may be high.