Salt Lake City Utah Accident and Injury Lawyer and Attorney

If you have been involved in a car accident or other type of accident in or around Salt Lake City and need a lawyer or attorney to help you get the best recovery for your injury, you have come to the right place.

Injured in an Accident? Find out what your case is worth

Talk to a lawyer, right now!
Call: (801) 900-3458

» Find Out What Your Case is Worth:

Insurance companies love when people do not hire attorneys because they are usually able to settle the case for substantially less than what the case is worth. In fact, they will do everything they can to encourage you to not hire an attorney.

If you have a claim, the insurance companies will be doing everything in their power to find a way to keep from paying you. Every question an insurance company asks you is designed to either keep from paying you anything or to lessen the amount they will pay you for your injury in Salt Lake City or Sandy, Utah. The insurance company will try to act friendly, but they have one goal: to keep from paying you what your claim is worth.

When you hire a lawyer, the insurance company cannot contact you directly any more, and instead have to contact your attorney. This means that you are protected from the questions that are designed to deny your claim and you will not have to answer any of these questions unless a lawsuit is filed on your behalf.

The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC focuses its work on accidents and injuries that occur in Utah, South Salt Lake, Millcreek, Canyon Rim, East Millcreek, North Salt Lake, Murray, Taylorsville, Holladay, West Valley City, Kearns, Bountiful, Midvale, Cottonwood Heights, West Jordan, Centerville, Provo Utah, and all of Utah County, Salt Lake County, and other contiguous counties.

Wills, Trusts, and Probate

The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC can come to your home to do the will signing ceremony. The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC does house calls!

If your will is improperly drafted, or if all of the formalities required in a will are not precisely followed, the Will may not stand up in court, and the government will decide who gets your property after your death. People who use pre-printed forms and fail to follow the proper procedures required to draft a will usually do not have their estate distributed as they wanted.

If you die without a valid will, it will usually be quite expensive for your heirs to go through heirship proceedings. A search for heirs is sometimes required, and is often quite expensive.

If you have a valid will, on the other hand, you can determine exactly to whom and how your estate is distributed. You are free to give money or property to charity, to disinherit anyone you do not want to receive anything, and to divide your property as you choose.

After your death, if you have a valid will, it will be “probated.” This means that it will be taken to the probate court in order to determine if the will is valid. If it is valid, then your estate should be distributed as you wished in your will.

An alternative to having your will distribute your estate is to have a “living trust” and a “pour over will.” A living trust is usually a trust that you create and run until you die. At your death, your “pour over will” will devise (give) all of your property to the trust, and the trust will then be handled by your designated trustee or another trustee according to the trust formation documents. The process of probating the pour-over will and getting the property into your trust is usually the cheapest probate action, as there is only one beneficiary to the will (the trust).

The Law Office of Gregory Wilder, PLLC offers flat fees for our will, trust, and probate work, as follows:

  • $350 - Custom Will (includes Will signing ceremony).
  • $1,800 - Living Trust with Pour Over Will (you are responsible for costs).
  • $4,000, or 5% in, 5% out in some cases - Independent Administration (you are responsible for costs).
  • $2,500 - Probated Will with Muniment of Title (you are responsible for costs). Your case must qualify.
  • $1,275 - Probate by Small Estate Affidavit (you are responsible for costs). Your case must qualify.
  • $4,500-$10,000 - Heirship Proceedings (more if your case is extremely complex; you are responsible for costs).

Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Injury Attorney in Provo, Utah County, Utah